• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello New member from Australia - Zetor 6745 and 12045

corundal

Level 2
First name
corundal
I've had Zetors since I bought a 6745 new in 1976. Never got around to replacing it. I have just bought a 12045 from a large wheat property. It is a two owner tractor and has been well cared for mechanically but needs paint because it was stored outside.
Zetor has had a long history in Australia but new ones don't seem to be available at the moment. Motokov bought back and the apprentices restored a small 1940's model that was sold in NSW after the war. During the 1960's a big company, Australian Motor Industries took over selling Zetor. They assembled Toyota and had sold the grey Fergusons. Then around 1977 Motokov took over the Australian operation. Henri Pavlik ran it. They were priced and advertised aggressively and sold quite well. They had the best spare parts operation of anyone. The 6945 led its sales segment. Motokov also handled Barum tyres. Around 1989 Motokov were going to release the Skoda in Australia. Everything changed with the politics of Europe and at some point Motokov closed the Australian operation. A few newer tractors have been sold here but it would be nice to see them back. The spare parts situation is well covered.
My son looks at neighbours with fast powerful new Deutz and John Deere but he will learn to appreciate the Zetor virtues. I cannot wait to get the "new" 12045 home.

I've had Zetors since I bought a 6745 new in 1976. Never got around to replacing it. I have just bought a 12045 from a large wheat property. It is a two owner tractor and has been well cared for mechanically but needs paint because it was stored outside.
Zetor has had a long history in Australia but new ones don't seem to be available at the moment. Motokov bought back and the apprentices restored a small 1940's model that was sold in NSW after the war. During the 1960's a big company, Australian Motor Industries took over selling Zetor. They assembled Toyota and had sold the grey Fergusons. Then around 1977 Motokov took over the Australian operation. Henri Pavlik ran it. They were priced and advertised aggressively and sold quite well. They had the best spare parts operation of anyone. The 6945 led its sales segment. Motokov also handled Barum tyres. Around 1989 Motokov were going to release the Skoda in Australia. Everything changed with the politics of Europe and at some point Motokov closed the Australian operation. A few newer tractors have been sold here but it would be nice to see them back. The spare parts situation is well covered.
My son looks at neighbours with fast powerful new Deutz and John Deere but he will learn to appreciate the Zetor virtues. I cannot wait to get the "new" 12045 home.

these machines were very rugged, ugly, workhorses for their time.

Zetor is really making efforts to expand in the future, but i dont know about the australian market.

I'm very happy with the 12045. With a new battery and a service it is hard at work. It is 1980 on the Brno plate and 1981 on the Zetor Australia plate. The Australian model had a locally made roller drawbar and an Australian made (Gason) air conditioned safety cab. Tyres were 14.9/28 front and 23.1/34 rear. It has heavy cast centres on the rear. In those days Australia had a tyre industry and the tyres were locally made Olympics. The 23.1/34 is quite difficult to find now and is quite expensive. The hour meter doesn't work but the owner estimated about 6,000 hours and that would seem consistent with the wear. The injector pump had been reconditioned. The major fault is the brakes not working. I will investigate after sowing. Everything else works and the motor starts instantly hot or cold. There are only minor faults apart from the brakes and the seat needs recovering. The rear tyres are well down and I will chase a new set. It spent most of its life with one owner and he serviced it properly. It seems very light on fuel and makes light work of the cultivation. I think it will serve us well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back