• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

My muck spreader

Netherlands Renze

Administrator
Staff member
First name
Renze

Machinery:
1976 5718
1978 5718 35kmh: Work in progress
1967 3011
because of the trouble with the Zetorworld image galleries, i have posted a series of photos on farmphoto:

farmphoto.com/photography/message.asp?mid=87557
Link broken

Renze,

That looks nice work! I think it took some time to do that? Im too a person who sometimes re-build our own machines and we save money in that way. Our muck spreader is built too on the old Wrtsil speader. Only old part is another spreder cylinder and the frame. Actually both are made some stronger.

The capacity was ingreased from 4 m^3 to 8 m^3. Hydraulic bottom and hydraulic end plate was built too. Painted and etc.

This took about 1000 euros, but it was worth of it. Because new Strautman spreader trailer would be about 30 000 euros!

Keep going.....

Markku,

Could you post a photo of your muck spreader ??
So, i think it has a 12 ton capacity ?? Does it have horizontal or vertical spreader bars ??

I dont have digital camera (yeat) but I can do that with scanner but it takes some time. No it capasity is only 8 tn but it is enought for me because muck is only 880 kg/m^3. ==> 8m^3 x 880 kg/m^3 = 7 040kg!

It does have 2 horisontal spreading cylinder. Those are in stairs and rotating both cw direction. It doesnt have yeat steel net for covering tractor of stones but the frame is allready made.

Are you spreading fresh stable muck ??
I mean, is it so much lighter than the muck in my pictures ??

Yes, i think i need some stone cather too.. last week, i heard a very loud TANGG on the rear windoe of the tractor, luckily it didn't break but it did make a nast noise...

Here in finland has three byrocratics for one farmer.....

My official muck weight are 540 kg/m^3 and 880 kg/m^3

Oops I did forget the decimals....

By teh way I did sent a picture of mine muck spreader to farmphoto. It is included my comments of your spreader. Please go and look what do you think about...

Markku,

I see the extensions...
First i wanted to sell my spreader, these old Schuitemaker spreaders are worth 1350 to 1500 Euro, in good condition. So i wanted it to be in original condition. I have changed my mind about it, it has cost me 850 Euro, but with contractor costs, just for the hire of two muck spreaders and an excavator, two years ago we payd over 400 Euro. The investment in the spreader pays itself back in 2 years.
Anyway, if i knew i was going to keep it, i would have painted it all black, with cheap tar paint, instead of the original expensive shiny red coat.

Why does your spreader have the upper spreader bar mounted more rearwards than the lower ?? Over here, most spreaders have the upper spreader bar, mounted more to the front, so that the muck is beaten in layers.

I thought, this would cause bigger lumps falling down from the muck package ??

Our muck has lots of big ice cubes in it,even we can spread it earliest in half of May or the end of May. The big ice cube doesnt go through the spreadig bars and usually the chains (drive chains for bars) will go broken. Mowing upper bar little back, the ice cube will "climb" over the bars and I dont need to go make a new extension for the chains.

That is the main reason why.

Ah.. I understand !!

When i mounted the roller chains on the spreader bars, i thought there was a position in where there was more clearance between the fingers on the bars. It was not, there is only 5 cm clearance for a stone to pass, in any position of the bars...69)

Let's hope the chain will break, instead of the spreader bars being bent or broken...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back