• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

massey or zetor

Z

ZETORMATIC!

Hi guys. Ive been offered a massey 3095, in exchange for my zetor 7245.:D But I dont know what to do.??? Take the massey or keep the zetor.??? The massey has 9000 hours, has had a gearbox overhaul,;) and drives brilliant.:) But the zetor does as well.;) The dealer is looking for a 7245 for a export customer.;) And he wants mine.:D Hes had the massey (in-stock) for nearly 2 years!!!. And he wants to get rid!!. I really fancy those bosch hydraulics.:) But what do you think?. I will get over 100hp, electronic hydraulics and shuttle, all for a zetor;)

If it's the A/B gearbox, leave it because you will keep overhauling every 2000 hrs. They were known for it. Dynashift transmissions are quite good though.

Oh, and if it is the 100 horse six pot without a turbo: a Zetor 6340 will outpull it in the field with a subsoiler. I know someone who had both and said the massey was lame in the field.

Wow.;) I didnt expect this.;) What do you mean a/b gearbox,???? Autotronic? Its the standard transmission 32 speed.??? Dont know if its autotronic, datatronic or dynashift.;) I think i should check before i make any deals.;) The engine is a six cylinder with a turbo,;) i think it was a non turbo before,;) looks like a conversion.;) Because The turbo is painted blue.??? Anyways how can a 6340 out-perform such a big tractor.? Is MF that bad.? my uncle had a massey 35 years and years ago;) it was really nice little tractor,;) and could pull anything,;) but the front end was always up in the sky;);). The cab roof and doors on the 3095 are a bit rusty:sneaky:, but its really nice condition otherwise:), good tyres and things.;) I still have the proxima;). And old faithfull;) the 3545;) and the scraper tractor the 5718;). So i will still have a reason to visit zetorworld ;););)

I think the a/b gearbox is the one with 2 step powershift, 2 step synchro splitter , high/low range and 4 gears, making 32 speeds. In the 90's there was an advertisement in a farm magazine of some farmers that united to file charges against MF to get back their repair costs....:-x

Oh, and the fuel pump of the 6340 was opened up a bit, and the 3095 was allways used to feed silage and never really worked.
Still, a super efficient 10 speed vs. a 4 stage powershift also explainse some differences in efficiency

If the transmission does'nt send you to insane institution, the electronics will. Just price some so the cumputer componits.
I almost forgot, the 3rd member front pinion shaft bearing come loose and take the ring & pinion set out if run to long, if that does'nt happen, the coupler on the drive shaft will get it anyway.

OHHH NO!!!;), its getting worse;) Why are the electronics so difficult to understand.??? I can use them with my eyes closed,;) its just a simple dial for the hydralics,;) and normal levers for the spools.;) Easy,:cool: the autotronic is just that automatic,:D does everything on its own!!, even 4wd.:) Maybe its more difficult for an (old man);) sorry cmunger;). ("pinion shaft front bearing comes loose and takes the ring and pinion set out if run long") Do you mean crown wheel and pinion??? This only happens when front axle pivot pin is worn,;) not really a common problem if tractor been used on flat fields.;) Ive only seen one 3095 with this problem,:D but with big 3125 and 3645 it happens all the time,:sneaky: because of (heavy) engine and bigger wheels on the same axle as 3095:eek:. Renze, if 6340 was "opened up" it mut have been about 80hp? must be a really brilliant tractor with that handy horsepower on it,:) i should get one;)

ZM-You are correct, the larger 3650, 3660, 3680 had much more problems with the front, crown wheel and pinion(as you call it), and it was NOT when they got older. I had a mixture of 13 of these model tractors, mostly 3650's, in a rental fleet, and they were all horrable. Only sold one 3090.
Chuck
Also when you have had the opportunity to trouble shoot repairs on the Autotronics, I will ask you the same questions, then both of us will know the answer without having to reply.

At first: I'm german and my english isn't very goog.
I think you must take the zetor because we have two zetor: a 5245 and a 7540. Both are very good and robustness. We must they infrequent repair:) . If i were you I would buy the zetor without meditate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):D

Hmmm..it worries me that the dealer had the 3095 ".... for nearly 2 years"! Bargains that seem too good to be true generally are.

I have a foot in both camps with both Zetor and MF tractors.

Could you keep your 7245 and buy the 3095?

Tomz i hate to think were the fence is between your legs!;) I have done the deal and i now have the massey;) I needed the power for this years harvest;) I have nearly 100 aces to mow and baleN:) So it will be busy.. busy;) So far I dont think its any worse (or any better;)) than zetor ??? But time will tell;)

Zetormatic,

Will we have to rename you 3095matic?

Each of my tractors has specific jobs. The 35 is ideal for for bog work (towing trailers of turf), topping the grass at the side of the road outside my house - 2 x 100m, spreading fertilizer etc.

The Crystal has a 2m hydraulic transport box attached most of the time.

And the MF50B...it digs!

Anyway good luck with the MF. I think that the 3000 MF's were the first with electronics. I am a believer in technology but would be real interested to hear your experiences. Keep us posted.

TomZ

p.s. It's not a fence that is between my legs!

Tomz, your wish is my command:p (see my new username;)) I think that the electronics were also on the "monster" masseys the 2000 series;) but only on the hydraulics not the whole tractor???

Keep the Zetor Massey 3000 series is not dependable i know many who had them and curses them. the zetor will outpower the insuficcient perkins engine any day. give me a massey and a zetor of the same hp and loaded with the same weigth the zetor will be the first to get up a steep hill and with less fuel consumed than the massey too. ZETOR POWER

the massey 3000 series is a good tractor i drive a 3080 its fast on the road never short of power it has done 14000hrs and we have not had to lay a spanner to it . it gets serviced every 250hrs its a great tractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back