• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Kids Today!!!???

big_orn

Level 2
First name
Big Orn
I have tried to raise my kids to respect their elders - yes Mam, no Sir, open doors, etc. - but more and more I find that the kids (12 yrs old to 19 yrs old) are so rude! The other day I was at the local hardware store and these young kids were running down the aisle bumping into people, old people especially because they weren't moving fast enough. I grabbed one (who looked to be the leader) and told him to applogize to the old woman who he had so rudely bumped. He gave me a stare like I was from another planet. He then jerked away and ran off shouting obscenities. Is it me or are all these younger generations turning into rebels?

Rebellious kids are from all times: It's not that i dont care about rude rebels, but i think that has been in every generation, read the Bible and read about the boys that insulted the prophet Eliah (or was it Elisa ??) :

Old cows forget that they used to be calf themself...[/][/] ;);)

Sure the common attitude nowadays have changed in the towns and cities, but over at us in the Steernbos, we help each other out as we should. That's why i'm proud to be a Steernboster, we live free (nobody's calling the police when someone "needs" to do some sort of not allowed action what we all do from time to time, like burning some rubbish or spreading manure out of season) but when someone is in trouble, we all stand up to help.

I don't know... Maybe we grown-ups have forgotten that our children are to be taught according to basic rules of conduct and then graduate to more details. Maybe we have let them "do as they please" because it is socially acceptable. Maybe we have forgotten God? I just don't know. But it is getting worse - just look at the way we allow perverts to behave!!! Same *** marriage! What the heck are we thinking?! And the children see this immorality and seem to sense there is nothing sacred. WAGH!!!! That's scarey!

Yes, weird things have happened in communities world wide, the last 30 years. Some things just HAD to change, but the community sometimes acted like it was a person on it's own, different phases of life were shown in teh community itself, like feminism. O.K. male and female are equal, but in the sixties, the whole female population seemed to re-do their teenage years in the wave of feminism, shouting and demonstrating for equal rights they already had.

A community always has it's ups and downs, lefts and rights, and whatever fluctuations may appear in a culture. Just read history. We have seen the rise and fall of teh old Roman, Greek, Nordic, and many other cultures that have appeared and disappeared.
We can learn loads of the history of ancient folks.

Maybe we are now in the fall of our Western culture ??

Hey Big orn, i hope you understand that i am just 20 years old myself ??:love:;)

Hey Big Orn, i hope you understand that i want to keep this forum open for everyone, so if you dont mind, send me an e-mail if you want to continue talking about this subject.

Hey, Renze. I have sent you that e-mail.

Just talked to my daughter - she goes to college in FT Worth (TCU) - she's nineteen. She also believes that many of the younger generation is being disrespectful. Although she is older than that crowd she informed me that there are still some "good" kids and that I might be over-reacting. I guess I could be. I have 5 children ranging in years: 27, 24, 21, 19 and 16. I guess I have been working too hard the last few years and I KNOW I need a small vacation - just wondered what you guys thought.

I'll reply to your e-mail.;)

I think you got it right Renze, you seem to have a nice little comunity, "help and help returs the favour" Shame we dont seen that over here in the uk all most farmers here care about is themselvs they will fight and argue all they can just to get a bit of extra land or some cheap machienery at a closeing down sale. Most of them would not help an ill farmer.

My father new an ould farmer. he used to do everything the old way with perfection. He was proud of what he did he made not a lot of money just enough to get by. The old man went into hospital (about 80 years old) and his wife rung up every farm in a 20 mile raidious to ask someone to milk his cows and she(about 80) would do the rest! no-one would help most were happy so they can get his nice land.

But a small group of workers got together to milk his cows they took it in turns. the boss of one worker sacked him and said "what did you think you were doing i wanted that land for years." Show how heartless we can be!

Yes, heartless indeed...
If that man was 80 years old, why didn't they help him now, and then waited for nature to take him away in some years or so ??

i dont know renze but peopl here only think about themselvs we need to help each outher to survive.

tom

crow i totally disagree about your remarks about uk farmers. all the farmers i know are nothing like you discribed and would always try to help others (except perhaps a few cruel customers)

i do agree with the issue of kids today. they need to get into the real world and do some hard work, and be punished a little bit more.

Phill it may be that you need to travle a bit more or it my be just cheshire farmers (i wasnt directing that coment at you oor your farm i am shure you guys are decent people) But fact is its a true story. If you take a step back Phil you will slowly see that farmers re thinking about thenselfs it is sad but you have got to admit it.

By the way i am a kid today nearly 15 (october 24) many of you will know me from the tractor chat, if you do i hope that you could say i am respectful to my elders and also able to have a joke. I try to get work when i can and i get punished when i m bad! so dont sterio type us Just the ones from the towns and citys ;)

thecrow

Oh phil do youthink got a weeks hard work for me comming to yorkshire soon!;) thing are a bit stuck for me at the minuit need a dairy farm to work onpay 3 pounds an hour!

I am also 15 and some of you will also know me from the tractor chats, especially www.yesterdaystractors.co.uk

I agree with Crow dont stereotype younger people, but i do agree with you in a way, some of the people who live n towns and cities are not the nicest and most respectful people in the world.

Hey there Ben hope to chat to ya would be nice to chat to someone my age about farming and stuff

I am also 15 and some of you will also know me from the tractor chats, especially www.yesterdaystractors.co.uk

I agree with Crow dont stereotype younger people, but i do agree with you in a way, some of the people who live n towns and cities are not the nicest and most respectful people in the world.

I was not referring to all kids, BTW. And some are even smarter, sharper, and have more patience than older guys. It's just the trend some[/] seem to take when their heros tend to be those tough guys with no detectable morals.

Ben,
You keep up the good work. Young men like you are our future IMHO. Kudos to you and those like you.

hi
Im 16 and do agree that kids are being more disrespectful to older people. as ben said the kids from the towns are bad i should know i went to a secondary school which was fully towny orientated. and with me being the boy from the farming background i was the one who was picked on. for a while i lost a lot of confidence. after a year of this i threw a spanner in it:mad: and moved to a school which i found out after joining. most people were from a farming background. after a while i regained confidence. and spent the rest of my school days there:). in this school i could get along with anyone:D. now i have finished school i still keep in contact with my mates. and am now training to be a plant fitter:)

so yes kids these days are a bunch of rude *******!

but i will help anyone and thats how i will always be;)

I back up what Phil( Guest) said entirely. Here in S. Devon when I suffered a heart attack my neighbours did all my work for a couple of weeks . No one asked for payment, but they all got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back