• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Jd 2700(zetor 8540)clutch disc

jdzetor8540

Level 2
First name
Jdzetor8540
Hai everyone,my jd 2700(zetor 8540)it has clutch disc problem,my plan is to bond the same disc,the overall diameter is 325mm and 18 splined,the problem is i dont know the thickness size,i need your help ,i will appriciate for any advise or information,regards.

Where in the world are you located ? New clutches are usually cheaper than getting new lining mounted.

Hai renze,thank you so much for your quick responce,i'm from africa we dont have zetor dealers in my home country,to get spares one has to order from overseas and wait for 21-30 days,spares like finished clutch disc we normal take to the expert and build it to the standard size to use for while,regards.

There are Zetor importers in Algeria Tunisia and Morocco.

http://www.zetor.com/sales-and-service-network

If you are far away from those, i think you can order parts directly at Zetor, or otherwise order them at a wholesaler in the Czech republic.

I deal with www.ibeno.cz Lukas speaks English.

But indeed, maybe when youre deep in the countries of Africa, shipment cost will be high and labour cost will be low, so it might be more cost efficient to re- line the friction material.

Hello renze,my home country is zambia down south part of africa,luka maly ibeno from czech,i have his email address,i'm sure he's the one,i communicated to him some time back,thank you for your advise.

Hello renze,the clutch cost from czech is about 40 Eur,shipping cost is 160 Eur,re-aline the same is 10 Eur,someone told me the clutch thickness size should be about 12mm,how true is this?and what is your advise?regards.

How much cost is involved when your tractor breaks down, due to missed production or other cost of lost time, and how much does it cost in labour to replace a clutch ?

I cannot count for your situation but here, no farmer would want the risk of having a breakdown during harvest season due to questionable repairs and insist on brand new parts to minimise the risk of having to do the job again in the middle of harvest season, there by missing crap and income because they werent able to harvest before rain.

For me i would a new disk because it takes too much time to replace a bad quality lining a second time.

Hai renze,thank you so much for the good advise,a new disc is the only solution,regards.

Damn autocorrect. I meant crop, not crap ;)

At my previous employer we exported a well used (18.000 hrs) wheel loader to a Sudanese gold miner. We put new original DAF parts in the toolboxes and welded them shut so the parts couldnt get stolen at the harbour.

The customer had rebuilt his other machines engine twice, with Turkish imitation parts, and both didnt last more than 1000hrs. The additional loss of production (thousands worth of sluices and sieve equipment could not be operated when the loader was out of commission) was far greater than the savings on the cheaper parts..

Good Luck with the work !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back