• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news Introduction show of Zetor Proxima Plus

looks ecxactly the same as old proxima:( electric shuttle sounds good:) the synchro type is a bit (jumpy):sneaky: next time zetor should fit a wet - turbo clutch like fendt;) then zetors would be perfect!:cool: nearly all zetor problems come from the brake/clutch/transmission area??? they have (new) gearboxes:D (new) brakes:D so turbo clutch is the next step;)

NO!!!!!:( it seems proxima (plus) still has syncro shuttle until 2008N:) shit!:sneaky: i think the (new) gearboxes are left - overs from the old forterra? the new rear axles look good:) look much stronger??? we will see if they acctually are!;) i dont think i will be trading in the (old) 8441 for the plus version just yet;) not much diference beetween the two? maybe in 2008 i will think about it;) unless zetor make a proxima (super plus) ;););) they have done it before!!!

I dont know if the powershuttle will be introduced at august 1st or the 1st month of 2008... ?? Anyways the Major series production will end at december 2007 so it sounds logical to me that it will be 01/2008.

A turbo clutch is just an oil frying pan, wasting energy because the torque remains the same just the tractor can stay at rpm. The difference of the sum power=torque x speed, is wasted in heat. (speed is less, torque is the same, effect is that the remaining power disapears into heat.)

It might be usefull though, to have a loader tractor equipped with powershuttle and a torque converter. A torque converter generates more torque when the speed decreases. Torque converters as used in wheel loaders and dozers, combined with the heavy duty front axle, would make them a good substitute for a wheel loader.

I was in an 8441 the other day. One major area in which Zetor is letting itself down is in the quality of the cab dash plastics. This is extermely important IMHO as this is the drivers interface to the tractor. Also the swtichgear is of a very homegrown, unprofessional quality.

The 8441's dash plastics re of pitiful quality - thin and of poor tractile (feel) quality. Comparing the dash to that in my Citroen Berlingo van, the van dash fells like "it was hewn from a block of granite" whereas the Zetor dash feels like it had been designed by a 5 year old.

It is a real pity because the Proxima is a good package besides.

Comments anyone?

Tom, the PPT file says that there are new interior panels...

yes tom;) i can see what you mean;) with all those red lever tops and things;) but if you think a tractor is good because it is ( nice in the cab). then You dont spend much of your own money do you;)

Renze;) i think you are wrong about turbo clutch:( i used a fendt last week ploughing for a sick neighbour ( been in hospital brocken 2 ribs and a leg):eek: nasty;) anyway the turbo clutch made it easy peasy:D you just put the tractor in low gear;) open up the revs and off you go no need to use the clutch:D i was using my own 4 furrow reversible the one i use behind the proxima;) and i could plough much quicker than with the proxima because i could slow-down the fendt with out using the clutch;) then when i had turned over the plough i could open up the revs and go again easy;) but with the proxima i had to stop turn over the plough ( hydraulics a bit slower?than fendt?) then use the clutch to go again every time. just think turbo clutch improves, productivity? there- for profit? torque converter isnt really a clutch at all:sneaky: just two pedals forward and reverse;) and a gear lever on some loading shovels to go fast , slow, ect.. your next project maybe renze? on the 5245!!;);) you could get a torque converter from a massey ferguson industrial (digger) do you get those over on your side of the puddle? then bolt that on the flywheel make some (adjustments) with the hammer;) and you are done;);) i dont think it would work with standard zetor gear box?

Zetormatic, i am not really in the mood to decode your posts (please use blanks, dots and commas and capitals the way they were meant) but from the looks of it you are confusing a few things with each other. torque converter 2 pedals ???

anyways, what you mention is exactly the main problem with Fendts turboclutch, torque converter etcetera... they can slow down without you using the clutch... :sneaky:

Sorry Renze.:( I didn't mean it.:sneaky: I didn't know being moderator was so hard.;) Its difficult to know when your not a moderator.;) All torque converter transmissions in uk have 2 pedals= forward and reverse,;) exept cars that have only throttle and brake, they are not known as torque converter, but automatic;) then you have power shuttle type TC just a lever that goes to F and R . i didnt know things were different were you come from.

Torque converter is not the forward/reverse pedals like Hyster forklifts have. A torque converter is a turboclutch with an extra turbine wheel inside that bends the oil flow to create more torque at lower rpm, it can increase the torque up to 30%, after reaching its maximum it will just act as a turbo clutch, allowing slip at the same torque but higher rpm and it will turn the excess power into waste heat.

An 8540 has a torque multiplier, its like 3 cluthcless gears mounted on the dash, its great for towing:)

more confusion: torque amplifier and torque multiplier, as well as dual power or power synchron or power quad, are all powershift type transmissions that shift mechanical gears with hydraulic operated clutches.
A torque converter is based on hydrodynamical principles, a propeller driven by the engine spouts oil on a propeller that drives the gearbox.

Sorry renze:censored: I should have never told you about turbo clutch;). Its becoming a "never ending story";). Yes hyster forklifts;), the good old days:D. Most industrial loaders and forklifts in uk are like this; 2 pedals.;) All the best ones also have torque converters;). Anyways i find torque converters slip a lot if you "slam" on a pedal;), at high revs. It makes a kind of wooooooosh noise;). rather than a normal clutch that just goes bang.;) Not a very good noise i aggree;). But turbo clutch takes up the drive very slowly and smooth, with no noise. but back to the torque converter, Do you really need that much torque on a tractor????. On a loading shovel ok;), you have about 15 tons of weight to get traction;), But on a tractor you wont get enough traction to get all that torque on the ground???.

If you gear up 30%, the effect of the 30% torque increase of the torque converter is equaled, so no extra torque on the wheels. All it does is wasting some energy due to the friction losses in the torque converter.

So.... in the end of all this.. torque converter is not actually any better than turbo clutch.69)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back