• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

solved Internet Explorer shortcut logo?

treaney

Staff member
First name
TomZ
Hi Renze,

When I added http://www.fofh.co.uk/ (heresay I know but I have one of them too!) to my Favorites in IE, it automagically came up with a nice graphic red "F"" instead of the the standard Microsft "e" icon. It stands out really well.

It would be nice to have a "Z" graphic for the Zetorworld forum.

What do you think? Try it and see if I haven't explained myself well enough.

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

I know what you mean.
I think it isn't very hard, just needs a closer look and some time.
This will be put on the ToDo list...

Hi

Yes Renze, it isn't hard. You just need to create a small 32x32(?) pixel icon file, name it favicon.ico and place it in the website root.

...Not technically hard anyway! Of course getting a nice looking icon that size isn't going to be easy artistically!

Best Regards

Update: I have made an attempt at creating a 'Z' icon.. I'll try and email it to you now Renze (please promise that you won't laugh!)

Ja, ich kenne favicon.ico

In meinen Serverfehlerdateien sehe ich viele fehlgeschlagene Versuche, diese Datei herunterzuladen.

Kann man diese Icons mit mspaint oder Paint Shop Pro öffnen?
Ich dachte darüber nach, das Z-Logo auf den Verlaufsseiten als Favicon zu verwenden.

Hi

I've been using Serif Photoplus (an excellent Photoshop clone) but that doesn't handle .ico files directly.

There are several utilities on the 'net though that will convert regular bmp files to .ico format.

One wierd thing, I have noticed that windows displays bmp files as icons if you rename them .ico. Strange but true, and I'm sure it's just a windows phenomenon!

Regards

Hello,

Create the ico as a normal GIF or JPG and then let it free convert to a favicon from one of the many favicon generator sites in the world wide web. Its realy easy ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back