• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Ideal Plough

ardenjock

Level 2
First name
jamie bayley
I have a 7341 with a front loader.(Great tractor).
I am looking for a reversible plough and would appreciate any advice from anyone who has ploughed with this tractor.
Cheers.

Are you in Europe or in America ? In Europe ploughs are reversible and 3pt mounted up to 5 furrows and are used 25 to 30cm depth. In America ploughs are semitrailed if it has 4 shares or more, and used at 15-20cm depth.

I know Americans with a 4341 that said they had no problems with a 5x18" semitrailed plough. the 7341 itself would have no problems with a 4x16" reversible in European conditions (unless on tough clay) but i dont know if it will lift one. Our 5245 could barely lift the 3x16" reversible out of the ground, i had to back up a little to let the dirt slide off the shares before it really started coming up.

If your tractor has two assister rams, i'd say it will take a 4x16" reversible.

Land not Tractor your choice maker. Hard ley for reseeding on steep incline:mad: I'd go for 3X14, esp if spring release plough. Flat fields previously cultivated, 4 x 16 no problem, even with a press.

:)Thanks for the advice.I am in Scotland on clay with plenty of inclines so all advice duly noted .
Now to find a plough!

Yes, then stick to 3 furrow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back