• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hydraulic Oil Cooler for 5211

big_orn

Level 2
First name
Big Orn
Has anyone ever heard of installing a hydraulic oil cooler on a 5211? My problem is that is gets so hot here in the summer (97 to 102 degrees F) that my loader and 3 point hookup begins to chatter around 2 o'clock PM. I, myself, get pretty hot too, but I can rest beneath the shade of a cottonwood tree and pour water over my head:cool:

If it's that hot, you could use a higher viscosity oil... if it's not too cold in winter time... You could install some aftermarket oil cooler inbetween the return line...? :)

Should I install it at the loader controller or at the back of the tractor?

Hmm... I dont know how your loader is plumbed.... Didn't you say that the loader is plumbed directly to the pump ?? In that case it must be plumbed directly into the common oil return line. I say plumb it there, if it's in a spot where cool air can get through the cooler...
I have no idea what coolers are available, or how they should be plumbed in...

hot oil, i think the cheapest solution is using a bigger oil tank, the more oil you have the less it's heated... If it takes all day long to heat your oil, i guess that's just o.k, isn't it ?? ;);)

I think it's best to ask a hydro plumber, for example an earth moving repair shop, those guys usually know lots about oil and how to cool it... Any CAT or Terex dealer around ?? You can always ask for advice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back