• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello Hi there, Newbie here with Zetor 6340

alchemist1959

Level 2
First name
alchemist1959
Had to join...I run a 6340 as part of a job and someone lost my shop manual while I was away for awhile. Now I am a bit stuck with my maintenance and the tractors been under someone else's miscare for three years.

I need to fix a road tomorrow and the steering went from weak and shaky to stiff and almost gone...Now I remember the power steering fluid container by the radiator but am stuck between hydraulic fluid and ATF 2 for what to put in it?

ATF 2 is harder to come by for some reason, I can get a universal ATF from tractor supply. Maybe if I am lucky some really nice person who is up late or early will answer this and I'll have a solution in the morning.

I hope to be a regular here and share what I DO know about Zetors as I have been running this thing since 1996.

Thanks in advance and again a big hello to all of you!

David

Hasse, Thanks for the answer and THANKS for the manual . Even the folks at the auto store can understand this ...Even if I was a bit dull the first time around.

I'll get arounfd to drainage and filters soon, really soon!

Thanks..

FYI, for ATF, there are two basic types "Dextron" and "non dextron", .......Dextron III replaced Dextron II which replaced Dertron (I)
Dextron III will work on all Dextron I and II applications.
So called "power steering fluid" is basically the same as Non dextron ATF.
the Dextron component (additive) is just a slip coefficient modifier (reduces friction x 5) and only applicable to friction discs (clutches) and brake-bands used in Automatic Transmissions designed for Dextron fluid.
No power steering system requires Dextron Additive, however Dextron type ATF is by far the most common ATF and perfectly suited to replace non dextron fluid in Power steering.......... just never NEVER use Dextron fluid in a transmission designed for non dextron ATF or it will slip and cook its self!!!!!!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back