• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Hi- speed Crystal 8045?

jehendenhotmailcom

Level 2
First name
SoDamnZetor
I'm the provd owner of a Zetor Crystal 8045 1981. I think it runs to slooow. Therefore i'm searching for a way to make it go faster.

??? Is there anyone that knows what I coluld do. Changing gears and partnumbers for them maybe?

And by the way, does the engine handle the fitting of a TURBO and how big should it be?

Suggestions will be greatly appriciated :)

Hope u can help

Over here, there are some Zetors (ZTS 16245) doing 53 km/h at standard 2200 engine revs. Needed: changeing of a set of gearwheels (dont know part number) and big tires, 20.8 R 38.

Ideally you need a 40kmh gearbox out of a later 4 wd tractor(identified by 3rd and 4th gears being the wrong way round).Yes you can fit a turbo and boost it to 90 hp or 100 hp as required just by opening up the injector pump.Either using second hand Crystal bits(you need a different exhaust manifold) or seeing if TB turbos or someone still do a kit. Sounds like you need to look for a scrap 10145 with 40 k box and turbo and they are Rare!!!
Steve.

10045 can do 115 hp (about 102 PTO HP) without any problems.
I know someone who had one for contracting.

I've got a 10045 aswell!:)Had to have the turbo rebuilt a few hundred hours after I bought it because the dealer used "instant gasket" which partially blocked the main oil way and starved the turbo of oil>:) Hence my earlier comments about ignorance!We used to use it for forage harvesting with a JF FC 80 side mounted forager and tow the trailer behind aswell up and down our steep feilds with no problem at all.Now it is semi retired as we have gone to round bales due to the silage effluent regulations with clamp silage.Still earning it's keep with muck spreading and mowing and harrowing.It will get a rebuild when the 8245 is finished and takes over.Today I took the exhaust to be stove enamelled and the exhaust manifold zinc sprayed so it should look good when I finish it.I also went to see how the list of parts I require from the dealer is coming along.Because the Crystal is over 10 years old everything I asked for has to be specially ordered from Czechoslovakia so it is taking a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back