• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Has anyone made their own rear bucket?

arctic003

Level 2
First name
Arctic003
Hi

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions regarding a home-made rear bucket?

Perhaps someone on this forum has made one at some point?

Very nice ones are available commercially here like this one:

http://www.laaksonmetalli.fi/photos/takakauha_p.jpg

But at present I have more time and welding rods than money :mad: so...

Perhaps an old water tank cut in half? Any better ideas?

Many thanks

12 years ago, we have bought a heavy duty 2 meter wide 3p lift bucket for 1250 guilders, nowadays in Euro, about 550 Euro.

Over here in the Netherlands, they are very popular, and there are 4 or 5 manufacturers in mass production.

look at these links:

Hydro tipped:
http://www.hekamp.com/103Eng/tractor/hydrotwin%20eng.htm
hook tipped:
http://www.hekamp.com/103Eng/tractor/tractorbucketsC2.htm

http://www.peecon.com/engels/PDF/69-70eng.pdf

We have a Hekamp 2 meter wide, but an older version.

For serious digging, it will not hold up for more than 10 years.
I have reinforced the bucket, as well as the lower link arm couplings two years ago.
(i had bent the bottom sheet, when digging out a BIIIGGG oak tree...;) )

Arctic.....

I have one but its not exactly what you are looking for. Its is only about 1.25 to 1.50 meters wide and it is designed for rear loader use. It has a standard 3 point connection but not swinging frame. Price is about 100 euros (inc. taxes 22%). ???

Markku
Thanks for the offer. Like you say though, it sounds as though your bucket is not quite what I am looking for. But thanks anyway :)

Rense
Those look very nice. in fact the PEECON one looks really great.
The link you posted didn't work for me, but anyway I found the pdf file you meant at http://www.peecon.com/peecon/engels/PDF/EN69-70.pdf

Today I went to the local scrap yard and found a large square oil tank that I think might form the basis of the bucket. It's 2.30m wide but I could always cut it down and re-weld it to about 2m.

Before I start this project however... well... :mad: ...er... I have some fixing to do to my pto shaft. I didn't realise that there was frozen snow blocking the screw of the snow blower, and... when I started it up... something bad happened :(

Yes that's right, the tubes twisted but I didn't realise straight away, and thanks to that I have to replace a spider as well.
Oh well at least I have learnt something :mad:

Arctic!!!!!!!

Snow Blowers Rule Number One!

ALLWAYS USE A PTO AXLE WITH DISK CLUTCH OR SOMETHING ELSE SECURITY SYSTEM FOR SHAFT!

Otherwise you will wear off several axles and many pto shafts in one winter!! And allways grease the slides (johteet) of the axle well!

Regards by

Markku

Hi Arctic,

I bought a 2M hydraulic power box for my Crystal 8011 last year. It cost me E600. See http://www.malone-engineering.com/powerbox.htm for details. Heavy duty - engineered to last - I don't see how you could damage it.

It can shift some stuff when loaded. It doesn't take long to shift an 8 wheeler 25 ton load of 804 maintenance (gravel) with it.

The problems with it are:
1. It fouls the mudguards of the back of the tractor- guess who won that battle!
2. It is difficult to get the load out (especially wet sticky soil) if you are not on level ground as the tip doesn't go vertical enough. The pictures Renze posted were interesting. Seems that that you have a lot of weight out far with Renze's system,

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Tom,
that one looks really great. I've not seen one that tips like that before.
I did notice a few hydraulic cylinders at my local scrapyard... hmm :)

Perhaps I should try to keep things simple though :D if I get too ambitions my snow problem will have melted before I can... er... Zetor it.

Searching the net for ideas has turned up a couple of interesting, if very ambitions, solutuions.
Like for example this
107_big.jpg

which I found at cadplans.com http://www.cadplans.com/3pointhitch.htm

They say it will dig like a front end loader and lift to 60" (that's five feet for those reading in metric) ;)

That could be a good use for Markku's narrow bucket?

I have a loader like that. It is mounted on my MF 165 mp tactor and its used 2 times a day for carrying silage bales to our cattle. Rear loader is the best loader for 2wd tractor, because the weight is on the rear wheels!

When I was a young kid my father did buy our first 4wd Zetor and it was one of the first 4wd tractor in our village. In that time the loader was mounted on or Zetor and it was used even heavy earth mowing work! It was more effigent for digging and loading trucks that popular Ford 4550 industrial tactor with loaders!

Arctic, those type rear loader are plenty in finnish farms. You have to just find one. I think 99% of those loader are for sale.....

Arctic, those type rear loader are plenty in finnish farms. You have to just find one. I think 99% of those loader are for sale.....

Hi Markku

Why 99% of them for sale? It looks so useful, one would think people would want to keep them!

Arctic003

Yes... The rear end loader...
I have in mind to make a rear end loader.. of a more compact design, so that the load is closer to the tractor, and it can lift about 80% of what the 3 point lift can lift.

At the moment i have a front loader on my brother's Deutz D50 but it cannot move silage bales through the field. In winter, we put a round bale in the field and the horses take the grass out of the shell.
Our 2wd Deutz cannot get into the mud to transport the bale to the field, because there is not enough weight on the rear wheels to push the front wheels through the mud...
It also lacks powersteering, so steering is VERY heavy. The front loader can lift the rear axle of the tractor off the ground, and i am afraid that the front axle breaks.

Also with a rear end loader, when taking new silage bales out of a wet field i can mount duals at the rear of the tractor, 4 16.9-30 tires will make it float !! the small front wheels (5.50-19) of the Deutz will slice the sods like a knife in butter....

I wanted a rear end loader and have thought about it for a year, but last month we have thought to fit a loader to the 5245 because it has bigger front wheels, but ANY front loader will put very big stresses on the front end.

I have changed my design once again, and i think i am going to make one soon. I am happy with the design i have in mind, and i think it's time for action.
I will post pictures.
=============

The rear bucket:

Our bucket is very similar to the latch unlocking Peecon bucket. It is almost identical. It is of HEKAMP brand, but Hekamp nowadays makes a different design that is cheaper for mass production, because most parts are laser cut.

Our bucket has some wear, i have transported and dug about 150 m3 of earth with it, in the last 4 years. I have to put a weld on the wear surface of the lower link arm attachments every 2 to 3 years. I have renewed the bottom sheet and reinforced the sidewalls last year, with 6 mm sheets at the factory i work.. (cheap !!)

Tom: You said that the powerbucket does not tip enough.

With our Hekamp bucket (old design, similar to Peecon) i can dump to angles of 55 to 60... Tough muck or mud will also dump...

Yes with the hydro dump buckets from Peecon and Hekamp the weight moves to the rear when dumping...

But i dont think it's a problem, mostly you dont drive when dumping, and if you drive and dump, most of the weight will be off very soon...

Hi Guys,

A very interesting thread has developed...

I solved my lifting/digging problems at the weekend. I bought a MF Digger for E2,400. It is based on the industrial 185 (I think) and is over 30 years old. Everything is designed for it's purpose though. So far so good.
(Reminder to me - buy that digital camera!)[/][/]

Artic - There are some interesting ideas in:
http://www.power-trac.com/attachmentmain.htm
and
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/buildit/page/7/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/186

I think this one is really good:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=buildit&Number=210171&page=7&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=186&fpart=1

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Many small farm has stopped in these days and owners doesnt need those rear loaders anymore. "Pro farmers" has new 140hp John Deeres with front loaders. Many people needs a loader tractor for snow works and they want a front loader. Simply: there is no much use for rear loaders anymore. Personally I know only 2 farm where rear end loader is used these days, our farm and one other farm. And we are using it only for mowing silage bales.

Here's a possibility,

I have been offered an ancient, rusty and broken thing a bit like this

k_talikko.jpg

for 100 euro. One of the tines has snapped off, the latching mechanism needs some fixing and the top link attachment has been bent somewhat. But all I'd have to do is make the bucket part to sit on the frame and tsd! One rear loader :D

What do you think? Does it sound feasable?

Thanks

By the way Markku I remember seeing an old rear loader with hydraulic cylinder in a field about half way from here to Savonlinna. It's a long drive but maybe in the spring I'll head out that way and see if I can find out who owns it.

Yes, I made my own bucket. Sent drawings to steel merchant.
He formed and cut all the steel.
Some 60 feet of welding and it can carry 2 ton rocks.

Tom z
to make your box tip more could you not fit a hydraulic top link? i know there would be 2 controls for tipping, but it may work?

i picked up a drott 4 in 1 bucket at auction for 40 a few years ago, welded on the headstock from a scrap pz 7 foot mower... on the back of my 6711 its a mini bulldozer... using it with a standard top link , have to open the bucket to empty it as it doesnt tip... one day ill get round to making a hydraulic top link... doesnt lift very high so is not a loader..... but ive got a massey ferguson loader on a crystal if i want to load stuff.

Hi Artic

I know its too late, just eager to know did you finally ended up with some results. I like to know that people doing such stuff on their own.
Please post some details, how you did and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back