• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Driving techniques

you_know_me_

Level 2
First name
Brandy legs
I was wondering about using the hi/lo lever on my 12145, is it correct to press in the clutch pedal when changing from low to high or vice versa ? is it hard on the gearbox just to change without clutching remember my tractor is 40k

I was wondering about using the hi/lo lever on my 12145, is it correct to press in the clutch pedal when changing from low to high or vice versa ? is it hard on the gearbox just to change without clutching remember my tractor is 40k

I would say to clutch every time especially when coming back from high to low, if you were in low box it mightn't be an issue but out on the road at 40k to jump down to 25k without clutching be hard on the whole tractor, and is a lot of those 40k Zetors downfall because people start using the hi/lo as a brake to slow down the tractor as the brakes weren't strong enough to do the job at 40k.

ya i was thinking that when your slowing down too much of a jump without clutching

I having driven a tractor like your in a few years, all the modern Forterra's don't need to clutch for the spiltters. We use to always clutch for both up and down on all the other crystals but lots of workers wouldn't even after been told over and over.

I helped to fix a 8111 40k , that the torque pump was totally gone on, the driver always used the hi/look lever as brakes to slow down without clutching as the tractors brakes were near extinct

i will
what do you do jf ?

Only saw this now.
I never clutch changing up or down, but always rev up or down to match speed ,if that makes any sense. Like a clutch less gear change.
Probably be even better to clutch though

That's fine once your not getting pushed by a big silage trailer flat out at over 40K and drop down into lo without clutching or pressing the brakes, bit a shock to the torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back