• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

c385 steering very heavy!

zetor3545

Level 2
First name
matthew morgan
my c385 arrived at my mates place, i havent had a chance to go and see it yet. he says the steering is really heavy on it. im not familiar with these , so anyone have any ideas?

matt

Lots of threads on this topic on this site. Probably you have assisted steering, not hydrostatic, which we all have became accustom to. Cheap fix is put 3 rib tyre on front and go weight training. Other option is to switch assist steering unit with a new hydro unit.

Change P/S oil and clean or replace filter,depending on which is fitted. Use ATF oil. Only half fill tank.

ill start with the service on it, it has flotation tyres on the front, they look good i think, but if theyre not helping ill have to find some original wheels.

matt

UR1 power steering is very heavy when a too viscous oil is being used. It should have hydraulic oil 22 (very thin, hard to find) or ATF II automatic transmission type fluid. I dont know about the C385, its a decade ago that we sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back