• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Biiiig Zetors

robak

Level 2
First name
Robak
Hi Everyone!
I have some questions/suggestions.
AFAIK, UR2 was the cooperation between engineers from Ursus and Zetor (and it was more Polish construction) - that isn't mentioned in the article about them. Why Zetor have stopped production of tractors of that size?
Nowadays, I think ZTS isn't any competition to Ursus tractors (although they are still very similar)

There were also prototypes of Ursus tractors, made in seventies, but I don't know if in cooperation with CSSR again, much more advanced than any tractors of it's times, and at least better than infamous MF-licenesed "iventions".

Yes, Ursus made some bigger parts... But it was 80% Czech engineering.
In fact, Ursus never developed anything on their own, they started with Lanz hotbulb licenses, then Zetor 4011 imitated as Ursus C-4011, then the C 355 and C 360 are very much the Zetor 5511, and the later ones are MF licenses. (I agree that the quality of the MF license built tractors was problematic, that's why they were sold here in Holland for only a year...)

I think the C325 and C330 might be the only Ursus development, not copied from MF or Zetor..??

Yes, it does no longer pay for ZTS to build and develop tractors, as they cannot sell them anymore through the former Motokov marketing, now HTC. There is no way they can get these tractors to the customer, so they wont sell outside of Slovakia.

ZTS (Martin Diesel) still builds the engines for Ursus tractors, i suppose...

Ursus developed some of the tractors:
"Ciagowka" in twenties (pre-war)
c-25, C-325, C-328, C-330, C-335... this line of tractors had more, uhmm, grace than Zetor competition, in my honest opinion, of course, as I have driven many of both Zetors 25 and C-325. I have to admit - Still working!
U-10 series in late 60's, much more modern than Zetors of it's time, but only prototypes, due to political reasons (i think the buying of MF license was one of terms of getting credits) never gone into production.
And I have to correct You
C-45 wasn't a license. It was a copy.
C-4011 WAS a license. And C-360's were modified C-355 which were modified C-4011, which were built under license. And here we stand :)
And, AFAIK, URII project had more than 20% share of Polish engineers.

Ursus developed some of the tractors:
"Ciagowka" in twenties (pre-war)
c-25, C-325, C-328, C-330, C-335... this line of tractors had more, uhmm, grace than Zetor competition, in my honest opinion, of course, as I have driven many of both Zetors 25 and C-325. I have to admit - Still working!

Oh, how could I forget! There were also Dzik tractors (as for example C-30:cool: and Dzik II

What about these Ursus prototypes ?? Can you tell me some technical details ??

By the way: Zetor had their prototypes too, also not produced because of political reasons, The UR4 9045 and 14045 prototypes were ready in late 70's but Ursus did not want to co-operate in this change, they say... ???

To get back to your original question:

the CSSR central office decided that the production of Crystal tractors would be transferred to ZTS, in 1981 to spread the industry over the country, to move the industry to the workers and not the workers near the industry.

Since ZTS was cut off of the Motokov sales channels when Czechia and SLovakia split, they were no longer sold as Zetor, and had a very hard time in business. They sold them in the region of Slovakia and south of slovakia only, which was not enough to be competitive. They stopped building tractors 2 years ago.

Hello!
As for details - some I could give, but not at the moment, I have to find my notes :)

As for Crystal - there is a friend of mine, he have an original 3011 Zetor (nice machine, works without noticeable problems, of course exhaust is changed, and if anything more- i don't think so), is neighbour have a beautiful, magnificent Zetor ZTS, with old-style (a'la Ursus/Zetor) hood, but with new, at least strange looking to me (but original) luxury cabine. I can't ask the owner, because he is quite... "different".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back