• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

news any news on Forterra power, and Maxterra ?

I havent heard much lately, not even from the website of the development bureau of Zetor (which sometimes accidently post some bits of info) nor anything else.

1692625031752.png
About the speculation about the ZF transmission being used, ZF is buying clutch packs from BorgWarner, where Zetor can also shop, as they already have a good transmission factory.
Graziano of Italy also builds powershift clutchpacks, with which Zetor has a long lasting relationship as they began buying synchromesh rings from them in 1992.

The clues Zetor publiced, which could only lead to the ZF speculation, may be just a distraction and they are developing their own transmission with bought in components ? I cant imagine ZF can do it cheaper than Zetor, but i can imagine Zetor doing a more reliable job than ZF.
Zetor cannot maintain their price level of replacement parts when ZF is supplying them... traditionally, replacement parts have been the biggest source of income for Zetor in bad economic times.

I would not be surprised if they introduced a brand new in-house developed, or co-developed powershift transmission out of the blue.

superb!
With you d' other pics? Photographs official or you visited l' factory Known as us moreover it

thank you

According to this website: http://www.mpo.cz/
Zetor is working on 3 projects:

ZETOR TRACTORS a.s. FRTI1/021 Vibrations Level and Acoustic Emissions Reduction of the Zetor Tractors
ZETOR TRACTORS a.s. FRTI1/020 Forterra Power modern Czech tractor at the power range of 66 95 kW.
ZETOR TRACTORS a.s. FRTI1/022 Maxterra modern Czech tractor at the power range of 95 125 kW.

• vibration and acousic level reduction is probably the new cab development project for the Maxterra.
  • Forterra Power: No idea if these will have an extended Forterra transmission or also ZF. 66-95 Kw is 90 to 130 hp alike the current Forterra range, which makes it assumable it will be based on existing Zetor technology.
  • Maxterra: 130 to 170 hp will cover most of the market which Zetor is aiming at: At the current level of boost as used in the 12441 engine, they could get 185 hp from a six cylinder 1505.6 ?? engine. I suppose it will have 15 hp power boost then.

Will they put a 115 and 130 hp six cylinder in front of the existing Forterra rear end ? They do need some overlap in the ranges, so i assume a new 12741 will see daylight some months after both new series are introduced and the first producton glitches are worked out.

Latest rumors:

Zetor said on their website that the Maxterra would be introduced in November 2009 and production was due early 2010.
However there are rumors that the serial production will be postponed due to the economic crisis !

Wont an economic crisis, be yet another reason to buy an economic no-nonsense tractor ? ;)

More info on Maxterra

Last edited by a moderator:
nice.

They just seem to take a long time to get this right.
I translated it with google translate, they seem to think that they put a Same rear end behind the ZF transmission ?? SDF doesnt make these rear ends anyhow, they use a complete ZF transaxle.

I just hope they dont use the 7200 series, they break rear halfshafts on a regular basis, both Fendt and Steyr drivers complain about it. I never hear bad things about the 7300 series, so lets hope Zetor puts a heavier version of the Proxima Power rear end in the 120-150hp six cylinders.

Great work !!

this looks to me like a fixed geometry (just waste gate) turbo, which is more reliable than a VGT, but will easily give the 4 valve per cylinder engine the required throttle responsiveness up to a modest 175hp.
With the Forterra 135 they are already pushing 34hp per cylinder, so this six pot must be able to do 204hp in its current form.

I wonder when we will see the three cylinder Zetor engines for the Proxima E-Lite series...

Can You tell more about this E-Lite series?
Zetor had before 3-cylinder prototype Proxima 5441
The 5441 was written in the earliest Proxima leaflets but never saw the market. In some Zetor dealer info i laid my hand on, there was mention of a Proxima E-lite as a "heavy duty compact tractor" which would see most users in America where most people use tractors as lawnmowers. (they do everything big in America, even gardening ;) )

Motorpal are testing now their own Common Rail System on Zetor 16V engine:
I was hoping they could get through with the classic inline pump.. But it shouldnt be hard to make a better product than Bosch or Denso...

About the ZF 7200 series transaxles, if Zetor doesnt want to upgrade the current Forterra and Proxima Power transmissions up to 150hp and use the ZF, maybe they should put their own rear axles behind the ZF gearbox: The only true problem this transaxle has, is that halfshafts break on a regular basis, when pulling dumpers or tankers with 3 ton drawbar load... On paper, they should be able to take it, but in practice, earthmoving contractors have a lot of problems with them..

Actually funny to see those collector manifolds, just like on Volvo diesels: My fathers 740 Turbodiesel had it (VW 2.4 inline six) my 440 1.9 TD (Renault engine) and my 850 and S70 2.5 TDI (VW inline 5 engine) have this style of manifold, where i think the original VW and Renault engines had standard manifolds.

It seems to aid the air stream for a wider power band (and less peak hp at peak rpm) as they say

Pics from testing of pre-serial Maxterra on some big Czech farms (there are much more pics of working Maxterras on this web...)

chomyz, thanks a lot for keeping us updated :)

...Now if only they began to sell them... i know several customers who are getting impatiently looking at other brands because the Maxterra was promised already last year...

However its good that they thoroughly test that ZF rear end, ZF aint what it used to be so you cant rely on just that name... An organisation the size of ZF, doesnt respond fast on problems from the field...

New Maxterra photos

Hmm... They are testing it with an 11m3 manure tanker, and a 12t beet trailer ?? We use to pull that with a 6718... Thats not testing a 175hp contractors tractor ;)

If they want to sell it to any contractor in England, France, scandinavia or Holland, it must be able to take a 20t tandem trailer on the drawbar... We dont get any smaller silage trailers and dumpers than 20t anymore, and they put at least 3t on the drawbar. the Fendt 500 series, Steyr 9100 series and DF Agrotron couldnt take it, while the Forterra can..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back