• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Akuma Battery Problem

B

bob

:mad:I purchased a 4341 in April and have clocked less than 100 hrs. I discovered yesterday that the Akuma 12D 135 HP battery is defective and would not store a charge. The Zetor models I saw on the display tractors had Varta batteries. Has anyone had problems with the Akuma batteries.

Which battery would you buy as a replacement? Thanks

Aren't your tractor (and battery) under warranty?

If not, buy any 135Ah or bigger Ah capacity, similar dimensions and same polarity 12V battery. Look for battery with bigger cold crank amperage (880A or so) and longer warranty time.

Before replacement battery with new one check does original Akuma battery have enough electrolyte or is it dry. If is dry, add destilated water to proper level and recharge it by charger.

And most important thing:
Check battery connections and check voltage regulator of your generator, because (especially if battery is dry) it is main reason for battery failure. If regulator is bad, usually you will find corroded metal battery box from spilled electrolyte.

Check regulator following next procedure:
1. Start engine (and warm it up a little).
2. Connect voltmeter to battery connections
3. Measure voltage at idle engine RPM. It must be over 12.5V, and rise.
4. Run engine faster, step by step to 2000 rpm or full and read voltage.
5. Turn head lights on and measure again.
6. Voltage must be above 15V in any case (usually 14.4 V). If voltage go higher (over 15 up to 18V) replace regulator.

I had similar case on neighbour's Zetor , but it can be common on any machine (not only Zetor's desease) ;-D

Hope this helps, Z. ;)

Over here, old beasts with starting problems usually get an Optima battery. It's a small battery, but gives a VERY high start amprerage. It gives all energy it stores, but when you start it and it's getting a little slow, the next time you want to start it, it's dead. They give high amperage every time till they are empty, not a slow decrease of amperage when they get unloaded.

You should also check the connectors to the main switch, on my 6341 there was one of the connector wich not was pressed enough tight to the cable when I should try the tractor before I bought it. I also get a new battery but it was very cold when I bought my 6341 about -25 and then we need a good battery.
But as I said check all the connector wich are pressed to the cable also that one wich go to the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back