• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

6341 will not run, pump trouble

lord_elfinwood

Level 2
First name
LORD ELFINWOOD
Hi loaned my 6341 to a friend, and he has put diesel in it that has loads of water and dirt and rust in it, so i pumped the tank out,20 litres of water was in there! changed the fuel filter and cleaned out the glass bowl, i noticed the fuel filter that was full of water and dirt and some stuff like jelly!and had started to pass dirt through the filter so there maybe dirt in the injector pump!
So the problem now is the lift pump will not pump! so i have tried to gravity feed diesel straight in to the injector pump, tried bleeding the injector pipes while turning the engine, no diesel or smoke! so the lift pump won,t pump i,m thinking dirt stuck in the non return valves and the injector pump does not seem to work.
Any advise or help is welcome. Yes i have learned don,t loan tractors to people. cheers Mark.

If your pump is faulty we can supply a brand new unit for less money than you can have yours repaired for www.zetorworld.co.uk

I would flush out the whole system first from injectors to tank.The MF 185 had a gauze on the outlet from the tank which captured the larger particles, I dont know if the 6341 has the same system. Will your friend help to solve the problem he caused??

Where are the non return valves at for the lift pump, having a front loader on the tractor is making access to the pump really difficult and the tractor is stuck on a hillside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back