• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

16245 zts rebuilt?

Australia brenten5

Level 2
First name
smash n machine

Want to know if anyone knows the story behind these, came across a few pictures of them and from what I understand they r a polish rebuild, just interested because I was thinking of doing something similar one day

They are not a polish rebuild, they are the last "super" series, model year 2002. They looked a bit more modern however the Slovaks didnt do a thorough job: They simply slapped full plastic bonnet wings around it, without checking the cooling capacity with the restricted air flow along the engine. The fan pushes the air through the radiator but it was caught under the hood along the engine.

Next to that, the synchromesh was weak, with a relatively rough operator it would jump out of 2nd gear at 3000 operating hours. You had to baby it to keep the synchromesh apiece.
the Ursus variants, built and developed in Poland did not seem to have this problem, the local contractor praised his Ursus, except for noting that the rear axle was too weak for this tractor.

Ahhh I see, that bonnet looked like trouble the second i saw it lol

After I came across the picture I googled it and translated a page from polish to English that said some company bought a few and slapped fibreglass panels over them did something with the gearbox and updated the interior moving a fee buttons etc?

There are many Polish handymen out there, but this is a genuine ZTS version:

http://www.konedata.net/Traktorit/ZTS12245.htm

Apparently they were built from 1999 onwards, the year 2002 i had in my head was the year Martimex Alfa bought the remains of ZTS.

As you can see in Finnish peatlifting they took the whole hood off:
http://www.pottupellossa.fi/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=28613

Users who are viewing this thread

Back