• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor Proxima 7441 EGR fix?

ee

Level 2
First name
EE
Hi
When browsing this forum, there is a lot of people saying that it is a benefit to block EGR. I have got a 2008 7441 Prixima, 800 h only driven by myself. :cool: I figure that I am at risk of getting problems related to this as I do lots of "short runs" in my daily use. Until today, there is no motor problems but maybe I should do something as a preventive mod?
If someone has pictures or information around this matter I would be thankful to take part of it!

As I understand the case this far;
The bypass pipe from exhaust to inlet shall be mechanically blocked. This will not give any negative results for the user (limp home, dash board lights etc), as there is nothing that supervises this.
Am I right? Please post pictures and info that will give me courage to fulfil this! I will do it by myself in a normal "farmers workshop".
My hope is to use this tractor until 6000h, and blocking the EGR seems like a must to avoid engine problems. ;)

There is no electronic engine control, so no sensory feedback to the injection pump and no fault codes.

If i remember correctly, in later emission stages, it was mandatory to make emission systems "tamper proof" with a 40% power cut when the ECU notices a non-working emission system. But maybe that only applies to the SCR system, because otherwise people put water in the AdBlue tank.

There is no electronic engine control, so no sensory feedback to the injection pump and no fault codes.

If i remember correctly, in later emission stages, it was mandatory to make emission systems "tamper proof" with a 40% power cut when the ECU notices a non-working emission system. But maybe that only applies to the SCR system, because otherwise people put water in the AdBlue tank.

on the 140 hsx its enough to disconnect two wires to shut of egr. no fault codes on this operation. if the proxima has an egr valve, im not shure when they appeared, yo must put a blind plate betveen the flange on the exhaustmanifold and the pipe. if its got no valve just a pipe. you can just remove the Whole pipe and plug the holes.

Had a look at this today. Photo is on the left side of the tractor, the plastic cover in front of the cab is removed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iertir0he67dzmg/IMG_20150509_105626.jpg?dl=0

The electrically controlled EGR valve is outside the picture to the left, I blocked the inlet from the exhaust visible to the right in the picture. Used a sheet of thin metal on the right side of the present gasket.

I'll test this out for a few hundred of hours and see if I can notice any difference. Actually info like this
http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2012/05/dont-block-or-remove-the-egr-valve-its-saving-you-money/
makes me curious? This far I cannot notice any difference at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back