• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

info Zetor 7211 fuel supply problem solved

munck

Level 2
First name
Erik motoman
Hi everyone, hope someone will find this info helpful: my ancient 7211 suddenly wouldnt start / fairly easy to determine it was likely a fuel supply problem as the sight glass was half empty and had some dirt. Tank was half full. Pumping the hand pump produced no results. My first thought was either clogged filters or a clogged fuel tank pickup, right? Mind you, Im no diesel expert but I do comprehend the basics.

The screen in the sight glass was in total failure mode so I replaced that and both the filters down stream from the sight glass. They were full of fuel and did not look dirty. Using lung power I blew back through the lines to the tank, no obstructions ....

BUT also not the bubbling sound that I expected ?

More like a hissing sound. And that was my clue - cracked 30 year old fuel lines sucking air. Drained the tank, good news / no water or dirt. Replacing the fuel lines will take some time, instead I used an outboard boat engine tank with the little rubber pump to prime the system. Cracked the banjo bolts on top of the fuel return lines, bled the system and she fired right up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back