• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello Zetor 7045 from Norway

Norway MathiasM

Level 2
First name
Mathias

Machinery:
Zetor 7045
Hello - I'v got a 82' mod (I think) 7045. The tractor do need quite a bit of TLC, since the roof is leaking and the 3-point hitch does not work.
The tractor is now stored away under a tarp do to arrival of winter, but when the snow disapear in june next year, I will bring it back to work again. Until then I will spend some time in this forum searching for how to do much needed maintenance. :)

You will probably have a lot of fun by revamping it! And that coming from me, who didn't understand s*** regarding tractors until I got a 7340 ten years ago with zero availability of original/similar parts when needed. Even so I consider it relatively easy and pleasant to work on - except for the electric, which I agree with myself it's a complete mess!

Hello and welcome Mathias! :)

First of all, I don't mean it in a bad way. :) ;)

The electrics are completely in order from the factory and work perfectly. It is very well documented (colored circuit diagram with pictures, it couldn't be easier ;) ) and sufficiently dimensioned.

SP_Zetor_UR1_7_5211-7245_cabrio (Mittel).jpg DSC_0001.JPG
Colored cables, colored connectors and a wiring diagram example. Yes, not all plans are in color, but they are usually very easy to understand. :)
In the second picture is my dashboard wiring harness and the so-called main wiring harness from a Zetor 5011 from 1984. I don't find that bad or confusing.

The Zetor's electrical system only becomes bad when owners mess with it even though they have no idea what they are doing. New cables are being pulled in wildly, without doing the math, additional lamps, radios and sockets are hung on possibly exhausted cables.
I always repair Zetor tractors like this, believe me, the misery always starts with the ignorance of the person working on them.

But there are people who are born racing drivers, or the best farmer, or even electricians. But there are also people who don't know how to work with electricity because they haven't yet understood the logic behind it - and they should better seek help so that they don't do more harm than good on their own. :)

And that's exactly why this forum exists here. Here you can get advice and then avoid certain beginner mistakes.
So if you have any questions - including about the electrical system - you can ask them here.
Please always do so so that we have a chance to help, i.e. with photos or good explanations of the problem. Then there is quick help.

OK, but that will have every tractor. Years ago my Case 2180 Axial Flow come in trouble with mice at the inside of the cabin and certain damaged cables.

So, install a cat to solve the trouble. :D ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back