• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Zetor 6441 top link on 3pt question

txhillcountry

Level 2
First name
TXHillCountry
The Proxima 6441 we purchased didn't have a top link bar on the rear of the tractor. Since the lift arms are Cat2, I assumed a standard Cat2 top link would work. But the "eyeball" swivel on the ends won't fit into the top link channel. It's just about an eighth of an inch too wide. Also, the pin that came with the tractor, seems to be non-standard. It's bigger than a Cat 1 pin, but smaller than a Cat 2 pin. Is there a Zetor -specific top link bar I need?

Thanks

I had the same issue on my 6245 when I bought it. I just filed enough off the flanges of the ball on one end of a Bareco top link so it would fit. In my case the very top hole for the pin is cat 2 on one side and cat 1 on the other which is a bit odd, all the holes below are cat 2.
Hope that helps :)
Paul.

me too! I also had to shave (grind) the edges off a new top link to get it to fit the 6711. Maybe Zetors are just a tight fit?

the bracket is a bit narrow and we allways cut the ball ends a bit to make them fit, but i never had problems putting standard 25.4mm (1") toplink bolts in them.

the bracket is a bit narrow and we allways cut the ball ends a bit to make them fit, but i never had problems putting standard 25.4mm (1") toplink bolts in them.

Yep, same problem on my 6745, pin fits but not the ball.
but i do have one top link that fits without modification, but it is only Cat 1 on the bottom end. (cat 2 on the top end)
it is Bright green so i suspect it originally came off a John Dear Tractor............. guess it could have been a 2000 series JD as they were just Zetors painted green ;)

Follow-up: A few minutes on the grinder, removing a little from each side of the eyeball collar, and it fits fine. Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back