• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

zetor 16045

P

p;at

Wondering about the zetor 16045 tractors, Were they great tractors or problems to own. How are the parts availablity, in na.

They were based on the 12045. every part was the same, except for the turbo, and related parts. The transmissions were designed for the 12045, with 16/8 speeds, but the 16045 could rip out teh 1st gear. For a small sales number, the didn't want to redesign the tranny, so they decided to leave the 1st gear out, making a 12/6 tranny. In the same time, they put them on the american market. On the american market, quite some are sold, more than they originally expected.

problems are with transmission oil seals, but that depends as much on the tractor as on the owner. Some people never complain about it, some cant keep quiet about crappy seals...

It's a tractor with loads of PTO horses in a lightweight (5200 kg with standard ballast) body. It is an MFWD but, due to it's low weight, expect the traction of an American built 2WD in the same power class. However, the low weight causes less fuel consumption on transport or other high speed jobs, and less soil compaction in spring.

It is a Euro tractor, not comparable to American built 160 hp MFWD's. the later 16245 is a totally different story, they have the weight of an American MFWD.

Hey Tom, i have adapted to the American way of nameing things. When we in Europe talk about 4WD, we mean just 4wd no matter what. Americans sub-divde it into MFWD, front wheel drive on a standard tractor, and just 4WD, the big articulated tractors with all four wheels in the same size.

In Dutch, we just say four wheel driven tractors, but because Americans are the major group of English speakers, i somehow adapt the American terms when i speak English....;)???

Renze,

Thanks for that.

Are there hydrauclically driven FWD systems avialable that you are aware of?

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Yes, my neighbor had a John Deere 3130 with HFWD. It had a front axle consisting of two pivot mounted hydromotors inbetween an axle. It gave nothing than trouble and hardly any traction.
Yeah, JD has good hydraulics eh ??:p

hey Pat,

Guess I did not pay attention to the end of your question.

I've seen way more 16145/16245s around then 16045s. For some reason there seem to be more older Zetors in Quebec. Try checking www.marevueagricole.com

I had a Farm inspector visit my farm and it turned out he used to work in a Zetor dealership before.He told me that the 16045 put out so much torque that when used on a heavy cultivator at full power it can tear out the rivets holding the crownwheel in the diff.He had to weld new ones in to prevent it happening again.
Steve.

did they use a Chr/Mo alloy or some other extreme steel species to prevent this ??

Mostly these pins dont snip off, but wear out because of a too high surface pressure...

I would think he just put new standard ones back in and then gas welded them in place aswell.

He also said that the only thing he didn't like about Zetors was the quality of spring washers they use to bolt the tractor together with and that if he had anything apart he always used better quality heavy duty ones to reassemble.I know it says in the handbook to check all the bolts holding the castings together at every major service. When they get older I suppose the rust does the job just as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back