• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Ursus C-355 Engine Problems

dieselboost

Level 2
First name
dieselboost
Hello Guys,

Iv been a long time silent reader of this forum but now have a problem!

I have an Ursus C-355 from I think 1972.The timing gears have shredded themselves and bent a few pushrods in the process. Was this a common problem? What was the usual cause?The tractor has only 3500 hours completed over its lifetime and no heavy work.

I feel it may be too much effort to rebuild with the cost and availability of the gears here in Ireland.Am I correct in this?

What zetor engines will fit directly into it without modification?I gather the 5511 and 5711 engines are the same (95mm x 110mm). Would engines from other models that are more widely available in Ireland such as 6711,6011,7011,6211 7211 etc. fit in?

Thanks

It is not uncommon in Poland to fit a 7201 engine in such Ursus models. They fit right in, in fact all UR1 engines fit right in.

What the Polish also do sometimes is change the small diff that originates from the 4011, to the larger diff that originates from the 5511.

Hi Renze,

Thanks for your reply! This is good news for me that any of the UR1 series 4 cyl engines can be used. Do you have any links to a workshop/repair manual pdf for these UR1 type tractors?

I am looking for such an engine if anyone has one, in southern Ireland preferably? Would be also prepared to buy an entire tractor for parts condition of rest of tractor is unimportant as its only the engine I want.

Thanks again,
Martin

All engines fit, but i wouldnt push my luck with a 7701 long stroke engine in front of that rear end. 7211 and 7711 had different layshaft speed (the gap between the speed in 4th gear and the speed in 5th gear which is direct drive, is much smaller than in the other models to get the power through with less torque)

Proxima engines dont fit either, the UR1 rear end was modified to accept the UR3 engine. The starter is in opposite side of the engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back