• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Steyr 8080

D

Dominic

Hello Folks.... I know this forum is about Zetor , not Steyr, but I need help from our European members... I am in Canada and have bought a used Steyr 8080, i believe it is a 1979 or 1980. I need a engine gasket and seal kit for it, but there are not Steyr dealers anywhere outside of Europe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know the newer Steyr's run Sisu diesel... any info would be helpful... i can't find a serial plate or marking on the motor to identify it. It is 4 Cyl Diesel. Please help

Dominic,

As Steyr has been part of the CNH group since the 90's, you could try your local Case/New Holland dealer.

If your engine is a Sisu, try your local Valtra/Valmet dealer.

Failing this try Vapormatic - this is now part of John Deere but supplies parts for all tractor makes.

[glow=green,3]TomZ[/]

how do you like your steyr. parts are available yet I think in ontario. A poster, woodbeef has a steyr an lives in ontario. he could tell you about parts.

Steyr was aquired by Case in 1996 and Case is new Holland now, so CNH must be able to help you.

The 8080 had, either a Steyr engine, or an MWM engine. About this so-called Steyr engine, i dont know if it was a real Steyr engine or a co-operation between Steyr and MWM (The Sisu engine was also a co-operation between Sisu and Steyr, Steyr has the world of expertise but not the production numbers to make money of it.)

I'm 99.9% certain that it is a Steyr engine, and I'm 100.1% certain that fitting new fuel pipes to a zetor will not increase the power by 15% !! back to the question, exactly what gasket do you need and which seal kit??? there are many on all tractors!!!

Hey Doc

seems the pot in Netherlands has lost his quality>:) Since when did Steyr use MWM engines???

Never!!!!!

and fore engine parts; Deboer farm equipments in Elora Ont.

Woody (i presume it's just you, old Steyr nut ;) )

What to think of the early 9000 M series models ? 9078, 9086 and 9094 mid-class tractors ? I'm 100% sure that they used an MWM in the early production...

By the way, i think to remember that Steyr engine has the same bore x stroke so it wasn't so odd thought... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back