• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Stabilizer (Anti-Sway) Bars

landdog49

Level 1
First name
landdog49
Need parts for broken stabilizer bars on Zetor 7441 sold in US. I had a lot of weight on a tandem disk plow and was making some turns without lifting the disk. The retainer wire spring clip inside the stabilizer bar gave way releasing the stabilizer bar end closest to the tractor. I just had a little bit more to plow and took a chance going straight. The other stabilizer broke the same way plus the shaft is bent.
The part of stabilizer that pulled out has 2 knurls at the tip end leading me to believe they were formed as they were pulled out. Just a little behind them is the grove for the retainer wire spring clip.
A dealer told me that I had too much slack in the stabilizers. They were made to take pressure against but the retainer wire spring clip brakes when it receives a strong pull.
The Czech didnt do a good engineering job on this. To remove the stabilizer bar ends under the axles you have to back-out 2 pins on each side. The pins are held in by cotter pins. When I first looked I removed the cotter pin on the outside, thinking the pin would slide out toward the wheel. No, it hits part of the axle that drops down. At that point it lacks about 1 inch. On the left side you have to remove a hydraulic cylinder. On both side it is difficult to get a hammer strike on the pin.
I am looking for the 2 of the retainer wire spring clips and 2 ends that connect under axle. Or a better stabilizer bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back