• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

rejected Notification: Google ads on Zetorworld

Netherlands Renze

Administrator
Staff member
First name
Renze

Machinery:
1976 5718
1978 5718 35kmh: Work in progress
1967 3011
Hi folks,

as you can see, i have added a banner of Google ads on the Zetorworld home page. I have added a piece of code, which calls advertisements that are relevant to the site, and the geographical location of the visitor, to show on the site.

Every click pays me a cent or two, depending on what the advertisers bid.
I hope to generate some income from this, in order to break even on the webhosting costs, which frees some budget to install a good forum/photo gallery in the future.

I have removed the Nedstat hit counter lately, because it was causing annoying pop-up advertisements. For the google ads, it's up to you if you read them or not, but personally i consider pop-ups are a violation of privacy, that's why i removed it.

I hope you understand the idea of it all, and if you have a comment or so, feel free to reply them in this thread.

Hi Renze
No problem with the Google ads - I think you deserve to make a few cents to help cover your costs.
Is there any way that the "piece of code" you use could identify Canada versus the USA as a geographic location?

Cheers
Bob

No problem at all with Google ads Renze. They are well designed and minimally intrusive.

You are providing a great forum with Zetorworld and deserve every financial assistance you can get to help improve it.

Keep up the good work!

TomZ in Ireland

To inform you:

Yesterday i had a few beers with an old friend of mine in the pub: He's in the graphical design, printing and internet business since he started a business with someone last year.

We have sticked our heads together, i will give him the X-forum source code, and my photo upload script i wrote last year. The photo upload script i wrote, was never implemented into the X-forum structure because it is just way too complicated for me to wade through pages of code looking for a place where my lines of code should be added.
He will pass it on to a free lancer that works for him, and ask for a price quotation...
Looking at the earned money from 2 days of ads, i believe i can have someone do the heavy coding for me and still allmost break even on the total project cost- hosting, programming minus google ad income.

I hope to hear from the free lance coder soon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back