• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello Newbie at Zetor World with Zetor Crystal 8011

perwallner

Level 2
First name
Pony
Hi y'all, it's good to finally be here :)

I've had my Zetor Crystal 8011 '78 (with a monster front loader) for a couple of years already, and she's paid her duty gracefully.... you know ???
Anyways, it's good to be among friends, and there are LOOOOTS of things I'm wondering about, maintenance-wise, and I'm really new to tractors. I hope y'all can give me a helping hand (or a pointer) when I'm in need - and I will be, rest assured :D
I have this idea to make her "up to date", like, in all respects, for example paint-wise. A question that immediately arises then is: how do I get the "Zetor Crystal" text on the engine hood? It's pretty badly torn, and if I repaint the rest it will really stick out. That's all fancy, of course; there's a multitude of more important functional issues as well that I have...
Still, it's an awesome piece of machinery, and I feel it's well worth maintaining properly; you know, at some time, someone built it!

Greetings to you all, I hope we'll be in touch!

Friendly / Pony

Welcome to the forum!

I too have a Zetor Crystal 8011.

The silver decals can be cleaned up using a lint free rag wetted with diesel and lots of elbow grease.

Thanks Tom!
And thanks for the hint on the decal cleaning, I'll give it a go.

Unrelated, can I upload pictures to the forum? We have this elder bush (or, rather, tree) that we use for making syrup of the flowers; only, we never managed to get the ones at the top until we thought of using the front loader. I've got a neat picture of a well worn Zetor (and a not too worn out wife ;)

Best / Pony

Welcome to the forum!

I too have a Zetor Crystal 8011.

The silver decals can be cleaned up using a lint free rag wetted with diesel and lots of elbow grease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back