• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Long 910....is it a rebadged Zetor

A

Allan

I am going to go look at a Long 910 on Monday. It was advertised locally for $3500 obo. I have been doing some research and so far it seems that it may be based on a Zetor . So, here I am on the Zetor forum. Does anyone have any information on the Long 910 and its Zetor leanage? What about pricing? I have not looked at the tractor yet so I do not know any more than would was described over the phone. The owner said that the tractor has not been run for about a year or so. The tractor ran when its was parked (I think indoors.) He said that they had three other tractors and that the 910 was too large. I plan on using the tractor to mow only 5.5 acres and to keep my dirtbike trails clean. Thanks
Allan.

You are partially right...

The story is a bit more complicated... Zetor started teh development of the UR2 Crystal range, but the communist central office insisted on involvement of Ursus of Poland, to spread the development costs.
A small group of Polish engineers worked in Czechia from 1964 to 1968, helping with the 8011 and 8045. However, their influence was small, because Ursus hadn't been developing engines or tractors since WW2. They have built Lanz licenses and Zetor 4011 licenses.
Zetor built the engines and first transmission compartment, and Ursus manufactured some parts of the transmission. UTB/Universal tractors of Romania, built the driven front axle.

The Zetor 8011 was Ursus C-385 from the Polish factory.
In factboth tractors were identical, the difference was that the cab doors of a Zetor were hinged at the front end of the door, and the Ursus doors at the cab. Furthermore, the sheetmetal parts that Zetor painted red, were painted yellow by Ursus.

The Long 900 and 910 are built in the Ursus factory, and the sheetmetal parts that Zetor painted red, and Ursus painted yellow, were painted blue on the Long.

These are reliable machines, great pullers and ALL parts are available through the Zetor PDC parts distribution network.

Hey Doc,

Don't forget now about the other Longs.....the 1100/110,1300/1310.....

Yes the 1100 is 1004 or 10045, and the 1300 is 1204 or 12045

Thanks for the info...I will start researching the 8011 and the C-385. What would be reasonable price? The owner seemed willing to be negotiate. What year were these tractors produced. I originally traded my ford 8n for a Long 460 with a loader the was not running. I bled the fuel system and got it started, it ran for about 10 seconds and threw a rod. I have pulled the engine to rebuild. I constantly look through the classifieds for parts donor Longs. That when I spotted the 910. I have no knowledge of the Longs (UTB), Zetor or Ursus. Would the loader from my Long 460 work on the 910. I will take pictures of the 910 and post them for comments. Please provide any and all comments/suggestions.

thanks
Allan

What is the Long 460 ??

We have transferred a Ford Major front loader to out Ursus C-385-A and later to our Deutz D50.

The Long has no steering rods and arms on the left side of the bonnet, so it wont be too hard to fit any loader.

hey Allan,

Long sold the 910 from 1978-83.

Hey Doc,

The Long 460 is from UTB. It is around 41 pto hp.

Hi Allan,

Would the loader from my Long 460 work on the 910?[/]
I fitted a MF loader from a 165 to my Zetor Crystal 8011. I did post a note on the forum about how I did this at the time but I cant find it now!

Even if the loader from the Long 450 wont bolt on directly, all you need is an angle grinder, a welder, a metal fab shop to punch some holes in 12mm (1/2") plate and 1/2 day of your time and you can make the loader fit.

Price[/]Depending on the age, hours and condition, $3,500 seems on the high side. A late 70's tractor in good nick and say 10,00 hours on it (no way to check this though as the hour meter is only 3 digit - 1000 hour) could be bought in Europe for $2,000.

Have fun and let us know how you get on!

[glow=green,3]Tom in Ireland[/]

Guys, thanks for all the info. One thing for sure, I think that if things work out with the 910 that a great deal of support is available. The owner could not make it to show the tractor during daylight hours today. Tomorrow is a maybe because freezing rain is in the forecast. I will most certainly post some additional questions after looking at it. Is it possible to post pictures.

Woodbeef, what's the comparable Fiat model ?

Alan, you can upload your pictures here.

This is only temporary, as i am progrraming a photo plug-in for the forum, in cooperation with the original author of this forum.
But a structural solution may take a while because i have just started learning Perl... Meantime, you can use the album in the link above.

Ok, I went to go see the 910 yesterday, but had some very bazaar circumstances that precluded me from doing so. I left work to go see the tractor and I stopped on the way to go to the Harbor Freight retail store in Woodbridge, VA. I had never been there and being that is was on the way to the tractor, I thought it was a excellent time to do so. I bought a couple items and went to get back on the interstate, but it wasn't moving. Apparently there was an accident that had shut down the roadway. After a few hours, I got very close to the tractor when.....my car's tranny started to give up the ghost. So I pulled into a 7-11 and took a look. A coolant line from the tranny to the radiator was shooting out fluid like a water cannon. So, with the limitied number of tools that I just bought from Harbor freight, I removed the end of the hose that had the leak. Well it doesn't end there. I went to go put the hose back up on the tranny and it was too short...... then it started to sleet. To make a long (pun intended) story short, I did not get to see the tractor and I did not get home until after midnight. I am now tentatively scheduled to see it Sunday. Thanks for the ear.....

Heheh... I guess your face would have been red when the hose was too short...
I can imagine the situation.... Like when i was stuck with my car and a big trailer, and pulled the bumper off...;)

...I hope you can now laugh about it ..;)

Ok, I went to see the tractor Sunday. I did not get to here or see it run. I tried to post pictures on the supplied linked page, but I don't think that I was successful. I will post more description later today.

thanks
Allan

Ok, the LONG 910 is definitely a Zetor based tractor. The reason that I can say this without any doubt is that the engine block was stamped "ZETOR". The tractor was much larger than I envisioned. I cannot seem to think that it would be suitable for bushhogging since its so heavy. It would seem that the weight would cause ruts. I am still interested in it because I feel that if it were fitted with a loader i would be very effective in keeping trails clean. To my surprise the tractor had heat and a/c, but the compressor had no belt. The doors did not appear to be aligned correctly as they would not shut. I did not get to hear it run because the batteries were dead. The owner stated that the tractor had not been run in about a year. The meter showed 714 hours. The tractor overall did not look abused. I try to post the pictures again.

thanks
Allan

The Long 910 weighs 7750 in twd,8740 in mfd,both with out the cab. Why do you think it is too heavy to cut with?

Yes Ursus uses the 4 pot from Zetor .
714 hours... how old is it ? are you sure that this hour meter isn't going round for the second time ??
Anyway 10.714 hours would still make no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back