• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

hello hi new Zetor 6718 owner

England brian

Level 1
First name
brian

Machinery:
Zetor 6718
JCB 3D II
hi i just aquired a 6718 and have a few questions
does anyone have a manual for this they could share?
workshop or owners would be great as i need to fix a few things and find out how some of the controls work, as all the stickers have been worn away
here are some things i have found i need information on so far
on the back there is a single quick fit hydraulic hose which is fed via a pipe from the top of the (gearbox?)(between your legs next too the little dipstick) i need to attach to this but i cant figure how to do it if i try to just push the hose on my attachment into it the fluid gushes out under pressure
also i have a forklift attched to the 3point linkage but when i pull the right hand leaver all the way back it will not lift. it did lift before i put forklift on
also my brakes dont work. i think they need bleeding. ive located the bleed nipple ontop of the brake area(down side of seat) but what tool do i need to do this job? is it 9mm? access is difficult to say the least

can anyone help please?

ok ive fixed the problem with the lift not working by reading through other posts
i had dis-engaged the pto lever
i would like info on the dynamo too if anyone knows mine is not connected. but i have a bunch of wires hanging by the starter motor
anyone know what wire goes where? or anyone have a wiring diagram they can share please?

Brian
Brakes. Bleed nipple is on top where you said.the brakes are expanding shoes hyd operated with contracting bands around the same drum for the handbrake. So when you bleed the brakes always make sure you have a piece of pipe on the bleed screw or you can dribble fliud into the housing and ultimately stop the hand brake working.
Has your tractor still got the dynamo or has it been converted to alternator, if so what type ?
Dave

dynamo is still there just the wires have been ripped off
what type of spanner do i need to undo the bleed nipple none of mine seam to be able to fit in there
any idea how to release the oil pressure from the accessory pipe on the back?

It requires an 11mm pipe/socket wrench i think. Weird size, but that's what manufacturers usually do for safety related parts, using an unusual size makes people think before touching it. ;)

Renze, are you sure it's 11mm ? All the other zetor bleed screws are 9mm.
Brian
You should be able to release the pressure by moving the lever to drop.
You have to make the decision, do you repair the dynamo if its faulty or do you want to fit an alternator ?
First stage I would do is to check if the dynamo is working.
With the engine running slowly , join the 2 terminals together and see if there is any output, either with a meter or a bulb. if you speed it up and its working you will blow the bulb. if it doesnt work then it may only want polarising: to do this. make sure your battery earth is connected, and run a wire from the other battery terminal and just touch it on to the joined up terminals for a second , again when the engine is running slowly.
There should be output after that if the dynamo is OK, otherwise you'll have to take apart and clean it up and check brushes.
I cant remember if the terminals on the regulator are lettered, maybe Mike can help on this one, but its really pretty simple to wire up the charging circuit.
Dave

thanks for your help dave
i have a manual for a jcb of same year would the wiring be the same do you think?

edit ive just looked in the jcb manual and it shows the shorting the 2 terminals and testing with a voltmeter as you say
this is DC volts right?

Brian
You should be able to release the pressure by moving the lever to drop.
Dave

ok this is my first tractor and all the markings of the controls are missing, i need more info
which lever and where is drop?
on the right side of seat as your sitting there is 2 leavers the one furthest from the seat raises the 3 point linkage but i`m unsure what the other does, seams to turn the pto on and off:sneaky:

innfact there is tre levers the one to the rigt is as you say the trepoint,the next one is the spoolvalve for the remote outlets,innthe midel pos otlets are vitaut pressure and loct,innthe first stepp forvard it is inn "float" otlets has low presure and is open,inn the pos furdest to front and rear is one outlet pressurised and the oder is open for returnoil.the tird small one selects controlfor the trepoint,rear is posision normaly used for transport,front is draft normaly used for plouing,midle pos is a mix of the to

Outside lever is hyd lift arms
Lever nearest the seat is external services.
Lever fully back: pressure to one coupling
next foreward : hold
Next foreward drop both services
fully foreward pressure to other coupling ( if fitted)

Tractor has a double clutch I think, 1st part main clutch to wheels, the rest of the travel to stop the the PTO .(its over 20 years since I had a 6718 and I can't remember a hand clutch, but I'm open to correction on this one.)
Gear lever for the pto is the small lever in top of the gearbox on the left. shift pattern is this:
Starting with the lever in its lowest down position:

Neutral with hyd pump engaged.
PTO and hyd pump.
neutral
Ground speed dependant PTO.

Bit rambling I'm afraid, Dave

Dave, it might be 9mm as well, i dont remember the exact size but only the fact that it was an odd size... ;)

hi im new to this site not sure how it works hope this comes up. I have a zetor 6718. was topping yesterday. when I first left the shed it was a bit sticky to get going like the brakes were stuck on but came away ok. after about 5 hours of topping the was a hot smell and blueish smoke from axle/ brake area ans was to hot to touch. havnt had much to do with zetor brakes. any sugestions or ideas would be great.

Regards Drew

Is the handbrake band too tight or binding?
If it's the same as a 57/11 then there will be an adjuster nut (2 nuts infact as one is a lock nut) on the band.
The band is on the brake drum down at the left/ right hand side of the seat. Loosen the nuts (17mm I think) and it may stop them heating up.
Nikki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back