• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Flail mower to suit a 6245

dirkbag

Level 2
First name
dirkbag
Hi, im thinking of buying a second hand Flail mover for my 6245
i found one but not sure if its to big for my old girl:) this is a link of the mower im lookin at http://www.maryboroughmachinery.com.au/products.php?id=157

i use a 6 foot turner flail on my 6711... on anything from grass to light scrub, power has never been a problem.... if it was youd just drive in a lower gear.... often on grass its a case of driving slower to get a better finish... so a wider machine would be better.... but wouldnt fit through some of the gaps i go through.

ive tried running mine on the 1000 pto at half throttle... ok on a light trim on the level ground but not enough grunt for a heavy cut

kk thanx ... im still not sure if i should buy it i might get the 4foot one that thay have im sure it will run that with no problems.. thanx 4 the reply :)

The 4 footer will definitely run with less power -- but it's tprobably narrower than your tractor tires. Unless the mower is offset it will be difficult to mow around the outside of your field.

I have a 4 foot brush mower and it's a real pain to clean up around my hay field.

I have a 5" slasher that i just bought that i can offset , i mainly want the Flail mower to cut goors (shrubs) the slasher is clast as heavy duty with a 75hp gearbox and 5mm plate steel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back