• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

Clutch on john deere

I

internash

Hey, I know its not a zetor but...I just bought a john deere/lanz 710 that has clutch problems, so i split it today and the clutch is stuck solid:sneaky: i took off all the little 13mm bolts that hold it on the flywheel and was ready to stop it falling on my feet:-x but it wont come off??? I wacked it with a hammer but it is still stuck??? it seems like it is seized solid on the flywheel:sneaky: any ideas???

You should have left it as is, tie it up to a big tree, put it in gear and press the clutch. it should come free then.. Just be carefull, if you tie it up too high, you have no clutch to save youself from flipping the tractor back over on top of you...

I tried that:sneaky: but it was still stuck:sneaky: so i split the tractor on monday;) and clutch cover wont come off??? so i heated it up with the gas torch;) and it went pop and fell on the floor:) but...... it is funny clutch.. the plate is held inside (like pto the clutch) nothing toches the flywheel??? all the toggles are seized solid and the plates are rusted on the pressure plates it has 2:sneaky: (plus another flywheel in the middle between the 2 friction plates:sneaky:) i have never seen anything so funny in my life:sneaky: it seems it has been used in the sea pulling boats so salt water has rusted it up69)

So it has a two plate drive clutch..

Did you mean that the clutch plates didnt touch the flywheel, as it was like when the clutch pedal was depressed ?

You can soak all parts in a bucket of diesel, then wire brush it and sandpaper any bores or liners.
dont soak friction plates in anything greasy or it will slip, heat up and smoke untill all oil is cooked off... ;)

yes kind of like that.... the toggle levers were all seized in a half open postition the deere did drive but you had to start it in gear to get it moving;) But its fixed now:) so dont worry anymore;) now i am having problems with the hydraulics:sneaky: it seems the relife valve is stuck and it bursts the oil pipes??? it has been standing about 5 years i think69) and was used in salt water for 10 years before that:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back