• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

brake problem on 7441

hi mike thanks for your prompt reply will the whole unit come out when i open the two 17mm bolts also i have tried to open the steel pipes connecting the two cylinders they are so tight the spanner seems ready to slip any thoughts?thanks again ,john

Hi,

Yes the whole assembly will come out the front. The pipes do get tight. I always use a pipe spanner (flare nut spanner) to undo them. You only get one shot at them, once the corners are gone you're stuffed. If you can get one end out you can slide a ring spanner down the pipe to get the other one.

Mike

hi mike thanks again for your help got the pipes open when i had the unit out,just wondering why the inlet pipe from fluid reservoir is so long,would it not be better shorter and straight to cylinders,and finally do i have to bleed the whole system when i have it all back together or would bleeding the back brakes suffice.
john

Users who are viewing this thread

Back