• Hello.
    In order to download file attachments or view image attachments in full size, you must be registered/logged in and have a level 2 member account.
    No worry, its all for free!
    For more details - click here.

10641 flywheel specs

random

Level 2
First name
random
I have a longtime customer who brought in a Zetor 10641 for a clutch. I don't normally work on tractors but the job was pretty basic and went easily enough. However, it now slips after another 10hours of use, despite having a new disc and clutch cover.
I questioned the amount of material the machine shop took off the face of the flywheel, but he swore it was right despite not giving me a spec.
Does anyone have a spec for the flywheel step on this machine? An internet search has turned up zero information. Thank you.

Hi

I've had Forterra flywheels skimmed in the past but the replacement clutch doesn't last as long as when new. To skim them they have to remove all the hardened surface to get a reasonable finish on the face. The softer material doesn't last as long. (More than 10 hours usually!!)
I fit a new one every time now.

Just a thought - did you put the plate in backwards??

Mike

Clutch disc and cover were installed properly, the tractor had clutch slip in high range going down the road with the new clutch. Engagement feels weak, tore it back apart and found no material missing, but the cover popped up less than 1/8" when I took the bolts loose.
The machine shop says the depth is 1.810", and that is what it measures out at, but he won't tell me if that's the spec or just what it ended up at.

Does anyone have or know where I am find the spec for the flywheel step? I need to get this tractor back together so the owner can get his hay in.

I guess I'll just have to twist the dealer's arm a bit to get this info.

The flywheel matches the spec the dealer gave me, is there a way to identify if the torque multiplier is slipping?

lift rubber carpet off floor there an inspection plate there under that is a plastic cover two one cover the pto oil circuit the other covering the transmission gearless changes circuit spray WD 40 on them the shaft entering the transimisson cover usual rust and gives the symptoms on clutch slipping .

So if I understand this correctly, there is an access plate in the floor, another on the top of the transmission, and under this there is a mechanism that actuates the torque multiplier, along with another that actuates the PTO clutch?

YEP that's the solution enjoy every one of those one have that problem if there working on a dairy farm during the summer months. It.s there fertilizer dust. Just another zetor quirk.

That has to be one of the biggest design oversights I have seen on a tractor. That cover is best at holding any stray pieces of hay and dust that may happen to be under the cab.
I cleaned it and test drove, high has no slip now, but low is gone. The hydraulic screen had some chunks of what looked to be a ring about 4"/10cm, and a lot of smaller bits. The magnet had a lot of metal on it, and the filter had a lot of fine debris. Even with fresh fluid, once warm low range has so much slip it's like it's not even there.

The HSX that came out after has a way more flaws but any way when you where looking at the air mechanism was the allen bolt tight holding the clamp on to the shaft as it might have only partial been turning seen this before . If tight plates might be roasted due to clutch pack been partial open . If they fail it,s in high range but could be wrong.
The magnet filters should only have a little fine metal stuck in it from the brakes usually but never any more. Those brakes can stick on as the mechanism suffers the same faith as the clutchless change mechanism they seizes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back